Sunday, April 8, 2012

Final Goodbyes


Recently I set up a new diet for myself in a pitiful attempt to better my health. Along with giving up soda and most of everything worth eating, I gave up desserts. So as sort of a parting wish it was a requirement for me to overload on one last dessert. In my eyes there is no better way to go out than with a classic. My mission:12 glazed doughnuts. My destination: Krispy Kreme.
Now personally for me going to Krispy Kreme is an experience unlike any other. The name known nationwide, and in Canada, is one that has no competition. Krispy Kreme doughnuts are and will forever have the best doughnuts. When eating them it’s not only about the taste but the care that goes into making them. Unlike most establishments Krispy Kreme has privileged its customers with full access and the ability to watch their tasty doughnuts being prepared.
Within miles of reaching an establishment my blood pressure shoots through the roof in anticipation for that bright red neon sign, referred to as the “hot sign”. The hot sign has always been the first indication that heaven awaits me. When pulling into the parking lot, it’s a given that something of such quality shouldn’t be ordered through the drive-thru. Always remember the doughnut deserves more respect than that.
Upon entering any Krispy Kreme the smell resonating throughout the building of freshly cooked doughnuts and hot glaze fills your nose. The sweet smell effortlessly takes control and pulls you towards the clear glass. The glass being the only barrier between you and the conveyor belt carrying your doughnuts gives you an inside look on how perfection is created. From young to old, people stand close to the glass in admiration hopelessly following each step in the process until the hot freshly glazed doughnuts are placed into a box and handed over the counter.
Original glazed doughnuts being what makes Krispy Kreme so famous hits you right where it counts. With each bite it seems as if the warm soft dough melts in your mouth with the glaze, preparing your mouth for the next bite to come. The desirable taste being my biggest temptation wins every time. Krispy Kreme presenting my weakness in dough form has a way with the classics. This company has proved to its customers that a good recipe never dies. Though my diet starts in two days these very affordable pastries may force me to reconsider. 

Pictures compliments of Google images. 

1 comment:

  1. Rhea, wow! With the new font, your writing really shows through. This is nicely crafted with a strong voice. Well done! And, it is about one of my guiltiest of pleasures. There is nothing like Krispy Kreme.

    ReplyDelete