Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Banana Nutella Muffins



     Normally the idea of bananas just doesn’t sit right with me. Everything about them makes my face turn up and my stomach ache. I would love to say I’m allergic but I wouldn’t want to give anybody the satisfaction of thinking I would enjoy them if I wasn’t. It wasn’t until I moved into my dorm and started to meet new people from very different backgrounds that one of my SA’s introduced the idea of bananas and nutella mixed in muffin form. The way she spoke of these muffins made it seem like I had been missing out on life. I mean how good could hazelnut spread and overly ripe bananas truly be?  I must admit she is an amazing cook but nothing about this seemed quite tempting, but a new place and new friends means sometimes you have to try new things. From the very first overly hesitant bite to the last lick of my fingers it was simply amazing. The consistency of the mashed bananas and smooth nutella baked into a basic muffin mix blended fairly well. The nutella contrasting such a faint banana taste, furthering my weakness of chocolate, simply set it all off. A single muffin taking full responsibility for a new outlook on something I frowned upon for so long. Those first bites becoming the very moment in which I was forced to look at bananas in a new light and have a greater respect for the infamous nutella spread. Now at a point where if anything is said about bananas I give a slight smirk and suggest banana nutella muffins to any and everybody willing to try something new. From a quick snack to even breakfast on the go banana nutella muffins is definitely a recipe to add to the collection of favorites. 
Baked to perfection



No comments:

Post a Comment